Ontario Respiratory Pathogen Bulletin
PHO monitors and analyzes the spread and intensity of respiratory pathogen activity and influenza in Ontario to support local, provincial, federal and global surveillance efforts.
The Ontario Respiratory Pathogen Bulletin (ORPB) is a comprehensive, weekly summary of provincial respiratory pathogen activity. Including information on the onset, duration, conclusion, geographic patterns, severity and progression of seasonal influenza activity.
The Ontario Respiratory Pathogen Bulletin does not contain COVID-19 specific data. PHO’s most recent reports, data analyses, and data tool for COVID-19 can be accessed at PHO’s COVID-19 Data and Surveillance page.
Information for Health Care Providers
Healthcare worker influenza immunization coverage rate data for the 2020-21 season can be found here.
Influenza antiviral medications are recommended for treatment of some individuals when influenza is circulating in your community (See map tab).
See our fact sheet for more information (September 2020) on the use of antiviral medications for the treatment and prevention of influenza.
The ORPB is posted every Friday from November to April
For past reports, visit our Historical Bulletin page.
- Ontario Respiratory Pathogen Bulletin 2018-19: Surveillance Season (September 1, 2018 – August 31,2019)
- Ontario Respiratory Pathogen Bulletin 2017–18: Surveillance Season (September 1, 2017 – August 31, 2018)
- Ontario Respiratory Pathogen Bulletin 2016–17: Surveillance Season (September 1, 2016 – August 31, 2017)
- Ontario Respiratory Pathogen Bulletin 2015–16: Surveillance Season (September 1, 2015 – August 31, 2016)
- Ontario Respiratory Pathogen Bulletin 2014–15: Surveillance Season (September 1, 2014 – August 31, 2015)
Provincial Surveillance Reporting
For public health units conducting surveillance monitoring activities, please refer to the following surveillance submission information for the current season: